Lincoln Door and Window Package Pricing
A few weeks ago I rationalized not doing *three* folding patio doors on the western elevation due to being in Climate Zone 6 and a shit-ton of giant 🦟🦟🦟.
After getting feedback from my hair stylist that we *should* do three folding patio doors — Nikki: "Bring the outside fully in!" — we pivoted and submitted our window and door package to Lincoln last week.
Now I have a new rationalization for not doing three folding patio doors on the western elevation: price.
Each one of these 10' x 7' folding patio doors is $14,332.70 (including the screen). In haircut math, that's ~286 of them (including tip). That's roughly 24 years of my wife butchering my hair in the den with a Conair w/#5 attachment, Covid-style. For one folding patio door with a screen. Nikki, I'll see you on Saturday at 1.
The rest of the pricing is in the table below, and it's all pretty reasonable. I've researched a bunch of window and door options and landed on Lincoln for the following reasons:
- It's based in Merrill, WI. Merrill is on the way to the MVC. We can pick this order up on a trailer.
- It's based in Merrill, WI. It's important to me to support either the MN or WI economy.
- Good value. If price was no object, we'd probably go with H out of Ashland (WI), but Lincoln beats H on value.
- Good vibes. I toured the facility about 18 months ago and the place and people were classic Wisconsin laid back.
- Good recommendation. An architectural power couple — that's *way* out of our price range — lives 6 doors down and they're using Lincoln on a couple of projects. That alone is good enough for me.
- They have what we want. We love the folding patio doors, the casement windows, the cladding and paint options, the grill profiles, and the hardware.
|1||3' x 7' door||2,475.17||2,475.17|
|4||30" x 36" casement window||1,048.38||4,193.52|
|2||24" x 24" casement window||906.40||1,812.80|
|2||42" x 48" casement window||1,225.18||2,250.36|
|1||66" x 48" French casement window||3,018.37||3,018.37|
|1||30" x 48" casement window||1,141.18||1,141.18|
NB: This total includes zero glass on the western elevation. We're still deciding on what to do now, and of course will post the grand total here soon.